God’s way of reaching and restoring the world has always been through a blessing strategy
Dave Ferguson shares five ways to bless your neighbors.
He says, “From the very beginning, God’s way of reaching and restoring the world has always been through what I would call a blessing strategy…how do we in a very practical way that’s theologically grounded explain to people how they could bless people in places they are incarnating? We came up with this…
- B– Begin with prayer. We want you to ask, ‘God how do you want me to bless the people in the places you’ve sent me to?’
- L– Listen. Don’t talk, but listen to people, their struggles, their pains, in the places God sent you.
- E– Eat. You can’t just check this off. It’s not quick. You have to have a meal with people or a cup of coffee. It builds relationships.
- S– Serve. If you listen with people and you eat with people they will tell you how to love them and you’ll know how to serve them.
- S– Story. When the time is right, now we talk and we share the story of how Jesus changed our life.
Genesis 12:2-3 says, “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”